COPPERHEAD AG - FURROW CRUISER™
About the Furrow Cruiser™ - Spiked Closing Wheels
- Improves seed-to-soil contact.
- Unique combination of sidewall crumbling and soil firming.
- Especially effective in saturated soils.
- Allows young roots to penetrate sidewalls.
- Fits into your existing closing wheel hubs.
- Prevents furrow from re-opening.
- High performance in wet conditions.
- Self-Cleaning tooth design prevents clogging.
- Built-in depth control allows for use with multiple crops.
- Works in virtually all soil and tillage conditions.
How the Furrow Cruiser® came to life
After looking at the current closing wheel designs on the market, and wanting something more cost effective, Kevin Berg (machine shop owner) and the Terveen family (farmers) put their heads together. They liked the concept of using the existing hubs to save costs, and a plastic to save weight. Kevin researched materials that were "more than just plastic," and chose a UHMW poly. The initial rough designs of the wheels held mud, but with redesigns of geometry and contour changes, the final Furrow Cruiser® emerged as a product that was successful in shedding mud, and will not chip or break.
The Furrow Cruiser™ - Key Benefits:
• FURROW CRUISERS™ ELIMINATE SIDEWALL COMPACTION!
Sidewall compaction prevents roots from penetrating the soil, resulting in uneven emergence, poor stands, and decreased root growth. FURROW CRUISERS™ crumble this sidewall - Problem Solved!
• CRUMBLING AND FIRMING ACTION PROMOTES SEED-TO-SOIL CONTACT AND PREVENTS FURROW RE-OPENING!
Standard closing wheels press the soil closed, especially when it is wet. As the sun hits the soil and it dries, we've all seen furrows re-open, providing little seed-to-soil contact and exposing the seeds to the elements. FURROW CRUISERS™ crumble the dirt into the furrow, simultaneously applying light pressure with built in depth control - Problem Solved!
• LESS AGGRESSIVE DESIGN ALLOWS FOR USE ON BOTH SIDES OF THE FURROW!
Because of the built-in depth control and unique tooth design, FURROW CRUISERS™ don't flip seeds out or over-work the soil. Other more aggressive spiked closing wheels are used only on one side of the furrow to solve these problems, leaving you susceptible to sidewall compaction on the other side of the furrow. FURROW CRUISERS™ can be used on both sides of the furrow - Problem Solved!
• FURROW CRUISERS™ FIT INTO YOUR CLOSING WHEEL HUBS!
FURROW CRUISERS™ are designed to fit into the closing wheel hubs on John Deere, Kinze, and late model White planters. This saves you money - no buying an entirely new wheel - Problem Solved!